Centrally located in the Department of the Tarn (in the Occitanie region), Mazamet is within two-hours’ drive of five international airports:
- Beziers: 90 minutes drive with Ryanair flights from London Luton, Bristol, Manchester & Edinburgh as well as Paris (Beauvais), Dusseldorf & Stockholm
- Castres-Mazamet: 15 minute drive, with three daily flights from Paris and a weekly return service to the island of Corsica during the summer months.
- Carcassonne: 45 minute drive, with Ryanair flights from Bournemouth, Brussels, Cork, Dublin, East Midlands, Glasgow, Liverpool, London Stansted, Leeds/Bradford and Shannon. There are also seasonal flights to/from Brussels, Porto and the regional airport of Beauvais 75 minutes from Paris.
- Toulouse: 90 minutes drive with flights from EasyJet, Ryan Air and British Airways from Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh, London Gatwick, London Heathrow and a host of other European cities with other carriers (there are flights nearly every hour from both Orly & Charles de Gaule with Air France and EasyJet.
- Perpignan, Rodez & Montpellier: Served by Ryanair, easyJet, British Airways and other carriers is within two-hours.
Mazamet is located 45 mins from the A61 (Toulouse-Narbonne) autoroute; 90 mins from A9 (Montpellier-Spain) autoroute and 90 mins from the A20 (Limoges-Toulouse) autoroute. Located 3 hours from Barcelona; Bordeaux & Provence, Mazamet is an ideal stop-over point for a few days.
Mazamet is the terminus of the branch line from Toulouse via Castres with frequent services taking 90 mins from early morning until late evening. Toulouse has a main railways station which is linked with both SNCF and TGV services throughout France.
You can reach Mazamet via Tarn Bus from a number of destinations including Albi, Castres, Lavaur & Montauban. In addition to the direct train link from Toulouse, the number 760 Tarn Bus has four journeys a day between Toulouse & Mazamet.
From the neighbouring Départment of the Herault, you can take the line to Saint-Pons-de-Thomières where you can change onto the Tarn Bus line direct to Mazamet.
If you are planning to cycle to Mazamet, take advantage of the Voie Verte cycle path which runs from Bedarieux to Mazamet. It is also possible to cycle along a similar cycle path from Albi to Castres and then take your bike on the train to Mazamet.